"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads.
Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Monday, November 29, 2010

Backtrack 2: DC Cherry Blossom Festival

It was my last weekend in the US. Gigi, Miggy, Quin and I took another last-minute unplanned overnight trip, this time to Washington DC.
We took the Megabus from NYC to DC and back. It was in early April, Easter weekend as well as the Cherry Blossom Festival in the capital. Unlike NYC and Atlantic City, temperatures in DC were high. Good thing the boys wore shorts.
Getting food for lunch and dinner was a big problem because most restaurants were full, and those that were not were pricey. Chinatown was a walking distance to the hotel, but that didn't help at all as the waiting lines in the restaurants were long. We were very hungry by the time we got our food, and the boys, especially the little one, were very cranky.
Despite the ongoing festival, I found DC to be boring. Sure, the buildings were impressive looking, but I think the place lacked life, vibrancy. Well maybe I am biased as I unconsciously compare all US cities to New York. I think I have to go back to DC on a weekday.

No comments:

Post a Comment